Thesis – Dynamic Supplies
Another photo of my program runnining. I converted my power source definitions so that I can turn them on and off at my leisure. The above distance plot is similar to my previous post (here). The difference is what sources exist. In this one, the sources are (top to bottom left to right) –
- Fairhaven Power Plant
- North East Transmission line from the Central Valley (through Willow Creek)
- Humboldt Bay Power Plant (just under Fairhaven – kind of looks like one big plant)
- Humboldt Redwood Company (formerly PALCO)
- South East Transmission line from the Central Valley (through Bridgeville)
- Southern Transmission line up the 101
I neglected to put in some of the small players in the power supply. Basically any power plant less than 1MW I have left out. While 1MW is still substantial (sometimes as much as 5% of demand), the modeling of the current situation is only to demonstrate the functionality of the model. The goal of the design is to predict outcomes with newer configurations.
EDIT: Implementing a separate distance calculation for transmission lines was simple enough. Now you can see the lines in image below.